The goal in a Nutshell
7Backers$2,630.00raised of a $4,000.00 goalTime’s Up FANTA-ANSU SUPPORT SERVICES This projects overall goal is to support the rural communities in three main areas: Education Agriculture Athletics EDUCATION Education in rural communities is very hard to attain for most of the […]
raised of a $4,000.00 goal
FANTA-ANSU SUPPORT SERVICES
This projects overall goal is to support the rural communities in three main areas:
Education in rural communities is very hard to attain for most of the parents and their children. While it is true that in the Gambia public education is free, the learning materials that facilitate education are not. Many of the students in rural areas will use one uniform for three to four years, will possess no proper school shoes, no textbooks, no bags, etc. Many parents can’t afford to buy these things for their children, which contributes to the very high dropout rate for rural students. Their parents are mostly poor farmers, and if you are not aware, farmers in The Gambia generally live in poverty. I met with, and had a discussion with some of the parents in the rural areas, and they all have very similar struggles regarding providing for their children’s education. I am originally from a rural area, and I know all too well the educational difficulties that children in rural areas face. I have always been motivated to try and help these students reach their full academic potentials, and through a lot of brain storming and work, I have come up with a plan that I believe will contribute significantly in helping provide a quality education for poor rural Gambian children.
I believe a good starting point is helping exactly 50 students with their school materials eg, uniform, bags, shoes, exercise books, pens, pencils.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To support the children with their school needs and raising participation in education.
- To support the local women’s garden with garden equipment and seeds.
- To help train the youths for employment by offering skills training, this can also help minimize rural to urban migration.
- Support villages with football kits and also support a local football tournament by supplying trophies. Any profit made from the games goes back to the community.
- To establish and operate small training programs for the communities.
SUPPORT A CHILD TO BUILD A BRIGHTER FUTURE.